Caching makes sites run faster by avoiding expensive repetitive operations.
VersionPress.com provides several caching layers at the platform level which is often good-enough for simpler sites:
- OPcache for PHP code.
- Nginx microcache tuned to work well with WordPress sites.
- If you need Redis as an object cache, please contact us, we'll be able to set it up for you as a paid add-on.
If you have custom caching needs, the following solutions are officially supported on VersionPress.com.
WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is the most popular caching plugin in the WordPress plugin repository and works well with various types of sites by caching their HTML output to files, amongst other things.
Learn more in these articles:
- How to Install and Setup WP Super Cache by WP Beginner
- The Ideal WP Super Cache Settings + Cloudflare / StackPath CDN (2018)
Cloudflare is a service that, even in a free plan, offers caching, CDN and security features in one package.
- Using Cloudflare with WordPress – Cloudflare Support
- How to Setup Cloudflare Free CDN in WordPress – WP Beginner